Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ice Storm

Well, things are getting back to normal around here. Took a while to get our heads on straight, bills paid, house back in order, long extention cords put away,....I feel like I had *checked out* for a week. Tomorrow they are prediction 60 mph straight line winds and the power may go back out. O....M...G.....please don't!!!

Soooo, in preparation for this what COULD BE, I did the laundry, dishes, paid bills, and I'm updating with pictures of the LAST Episode!!

First the ice around here..

The Bird Bath



And a bird feeder



This is a view of our Bradford Pears along the driveway. They were almost TOUCHING the drive. Bubba had to severely trim the inner branches to get the cars out, but we did not loose one of them, THANK GOD!



These are some COLD buds!



No birds at this feeder!



More cold buds..



These are NOT Wheeping Willow Trees, folks! Check out how they are bent down. The night of the storm, I went out on the deck and you could just HEAR the branches of trees cracking...every 1-2 minutes, there would be one falling. It was an amazing thing to hear!



The iced over trees did make for some BEAUTIFUL trees at night w/spot lights on them in the neighborhood!





Now, for some pics of what we did during our 6 day power outtage! Everything was nice and warm at Sandra's. Mother taught the girls how to knit!



The kids bundled up for some snow/ice sledding.



Every day, Mother made lunch for the kids. The first day they had a picnic at the lake...her imagination ran wild as usual! We were on a lake vacation, of course! The second day, I walked in to hear giggling and they were babies, playing in their food!







This is the pic of Lucas....every day......I don't think he moved!! LOL!



This is a pic of Sandra's tree, right out her back window...very typical of what you'd see anywhere!



Well, I believe that about does it for now...let's hope I don't have more to show you after tomorrow!! I ready to take pics of flowers in blue skies! *heart*

1 comment:

Saving The Day said...

Amazing pics, Jackie. Wow! Gosh, I love your mom. She is awesome!