Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back to nature here!

COLD NATURE!!

Electric went out sometime in the middle of the night last night. It's about 50* in the house right now, but we FINALLY just got the generator fired up on the furnance and computer. LOL, priorties, ya know!

Looks like a war zone around here...trees down everywhere. Mother is without, so we picked her up and took her to Sandra's...who does have electric. Left the kids there tonight...to give my mind a rest! ;-) Ahhhhhhhh...just the hum (or I should say ROAR) of the generator right now. School is out for the rest of the week. News said that there is 67 Jeff County schools w/o power. Clayton is out of school as well, but he does have power at the dorm and cafe'. I'm sure he is having a blast....even tho he did have to work tonight. We went to take him, as we didn't want him driving in this mess. News said it could be 7-10 days before all power is restored. Last I heard there were over 100,000 homes without. LOL, I know of one, that's for sure! ;-) OH....and making coffee and hot chocolate on the grill is getting pretty easy! Hum...wonder how grilled waffles would taste in the am??

Hope Billy and Carols homes are ok....They are both out of town and we haven't heard from them to see if we need/could check on anything. If ya'll read this, call me and let me know what we could do!

Jinny, I'm so sorry about Grammy....you are continued in our prayers and thoughts. {hugs}

I'll share a few pics in a few days...it's hard to finagle (sp?) in the dark! LOL

Stay warm!

1 comment:

Saving The Day said...

Wow! Bunker down and stay safe, you guys! I must be living in my own universe because I had no clue y'all were hit with such a bad storm. I need to pay attention!